Re: Hello a quick questions ...

Ooops ... I meant that i would compile "the hurd" ... not just the kernel :-)

So thats really cool I can actually lend a hand despite the only small amounts of time ... I am pretty excited ...

I suppose the best thing I can do is compile the "the hurd" ... and get it running on something ... then email the group back and see what i can help with in the bug database ? Is that the normal operating procedure ...

Jim

Samuel Thibault wrote:

Le ven 17 déc 2004 à 09:33:11 -0500, Jim Don a tapoté sur son clavier :
I'll try an compile the kernel etc over the holidays ...

Oh, working on the mach kernel is not much useful to my mind, since GNU
should work with the L4 kernel some day.

On the second hand, you may try to compile the Hurd, i.e. the series of
servers :)

3.) I am kinda hoping to contribute 4 to 8 hours per week ... is that ok?

As much time as you have and want to spend on it ;)

Regards,
Samuel