Re: /hurd/kbd missing or deprecated?

Michael wrote:
> The Hurd package got recently changed. /hurd/kbd has been removed, so
> you can't run X from the Mach console anymore. You should run the Hurd
> console (console -d vga [...]) with the option --repeat=/dev/kbd, like
> 'console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=/dev/kbd -d generic_speaker
> /dev/vcs'

Thanks, I got it working. I was wonder if you (or someone else on the
list :) knows why when I logout of X the console is full of /'s? It
still works but it isn't very usable (I'm using the vesa driver in case
that helps)

> This will hopefully just work[tm] once the Hurd console is started
> automatically on bootup.

I thought this would be easy to I just had a script in /etc/init.d/ that
did

console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=/dev/kbd -d generic_speaker /dev/vcs

and when it ran at S99 I got a blank screen, does this command require
me to login? Or do I need to run something else first?

--
OoberMick
(Outside the home of the celebrities)

CBG:	Alec, Alec, regarding that so called "silent" propulsion system in
	"The Hunt For Red October", I printed out a list of technical errors
	which I think you'd enjoy discussing.

		When You Dish Upon A Star (Episode 5F19)