Re: new dpkg packages up for testing

Michael Banck wrote:
On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:14:45PM +0300, Ognyan Kulev wrote:
Hm, I've noticed that start-stop-daemon dumps core when booting syslogd and inetd. I'm not sure if this is so since I installed it, or since some later point.

How annoying, as this was one of the bugs that's supposed to be fixed by
that version. The Hurd boots up fine here, but I haven't restarted
services a lot. But on the other hand, I was not even able to configure
the syslogd and inetd packages because of segfaults before I switched to
the new package. I'll take a look at it when I get home tonight.

I've replaced dpkg with 1.10.20 and there is no much difference. On boot, starting syslogd continues to dump core, but starting inetd doesn't. So there is something else that influences these core dumps besides dpkg package.

Regards,
ogi