Re: New hurd package in Debian?

Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 11:09:20PM +0100, Johannes Rohr wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> some weeks ago or so, someone announced his intention to update the
>> Debian package of the Hurd. The current one is a considerable
>> number of months old. Will some DD take action? Should I file a
>> "new upstream" bug? ;-)
>>
>> Also, libc0.3 looks pretty outdated, too. But fixing that is
>> probably more complicated than updating the Hurd.
>
> Jeff was working on it, but he wants to finish his glibc work first.
>
> So, bug him :p

Oh, well, I wonder if my impression is correct, but I feel that Debian
GNU/Hurd development has lost much of its momentum over the last
months or so. debian-hurd is pretty much dead and so is l4-hurd. Or
are there some exciting things happening behind the scenes?

That is, is everyone busy coding and therefore noone has the time to
update packages or post to mailing lists?

Thanks,

Johannes

--
~/.signature under construction