Re: Mouse repeater breaks console

Am Fri, 08 Oct 2004 00:20:09 +0200 schrieb Marco Gerards:

> Johannes Rohr <j.rohr@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> However, I'm having trouble with the pc_mouse driver. If I use the full
>> command line as suggested by the HurdConsole and XFree86 sections of the
>> GNU/Hurd Wiki, the screen blanks and I doesn't even respond to
>> Ctrl-Alt-Backspace. If I leave out the '-d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse
>> --protocol=ps/2' part, the console works nicely. (Just in case anyone asks:
>> Yes, my mouse is a PS/2!) However, I understand that the mouse repeater is
>> required to run X.
>
> Did the /dev/mouse translator work for you before the mouse repeater
> was added to the console?

I wiped my GNU/Hurd partitions before installing K7, so there was nothing
left of the old install. Of course, earlier I had used the mouse
translator for X and, yes, it worked.

>  Do you still use the mouse translator?

No.

> You can not have both.  You can test this by using:
>
> showtrans /dev/mouse
>
> Can you show the complete command line you use to start the console
> client?

I simpled typed the stanza that I found in the GNU/Hurd wiki:

console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -d generic_speaker \
  -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse --protocol=ps/2 -c /dev/cons /dev/vcs

Thanks,

Johannes
--
~/.signature under construction