hurd package needs to drop /sbin/fsck (was: Re: hurd 20040508-3 with the ext2fs patch)

Package: hurd
Severity: serious

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 11:29:09AM +0200, Simon Kagstrom wrote:
> It seems like this caused a dselect-upgrade to fail for me after i
> updated today, see the log below. My sources.list contain
>
> deb http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian unreleased main
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian unstable main
>
> Is this expected? (I realise that Debian/Hurd is work in progess :-))

Sort of. e2fsprogs now builds the /sbin/fsck wrapper itself, so it
should not be build by the Hurd package anymore. A new hurd package
should be uploaded to fix this.

In the meantime, you can either put e2fsprogs on hold, or force the
installation with dpkg -i --force-overwrite $DEB.deb.

(Do not use --force-* options unless absolutely necessary, they almost
always mark bugs or misconfigurations)

Michael

--
<ams> I think I will start using gnome..