Re: K7 and X11

John Williams <jwilliams@business.otago.ac.nz> writes:

> On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 07:32 +0000, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> writes:

> How is /dev/cons created?  Marco earlier said it was created by console
> "if you use the right arguments".  What are those arguments?  I am using
>
> console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse -c /
> dev/cons /dev/vcs

That is the right way.  If there is the argument `-c /dev/cons' the
console client created the node and sets the translator on top of that
node.

I assume you have the latest debian package and the '-c' argument is
showed when you run console --help?

> /dev/cons does not exist but /dev/vcs does (before console invocation).
> But the console results in a blank screen and ctrl-alt-backspace does
> not kill it.

That sounds like some serious problem. :/

Can you attach gdb to the console client (after logging in using ssh
or so) and figure out where it is hanging.  Or did it crash?

--
Marco