Re: Help required - HURD installation

Yaakov Nemoy wrote:

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:00:50 +0530, SivaramaKrishnan Nageswaran
<nsiva@lucent.com> wrote:
I already have Windows and Linux installed in my box and I use the GRUB
as the boot loader. Can I use the same GRUB also for GNU-HURD? Right now
I do not have space in my current HD and will attach another HD for
installing HURD.

GRUB is like a mini OS in some ways,  and since you already have it
installed, you can just hit 'c' when it loads and go straight to the
command line to enter in the string of commands you're supposed to
enter.  I switch between kernels and hard drives alot so i usually
just type everything by hand anyways.

I'm not so much conversant with GRUB as I was using LILO for 3 yrs and since there was some with supporting Win 2K & Linux by LILO, I switched to GRUB. I need to start reading the GRUB manual :-)

--
SivaramaKrishnan Nageswaran (nsiva@lucent.com)
Lucent Technologies

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain