Re: Sysv init and dependency resolution
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Sysv init and dependency resolution
- From: Tom Tacke <Tom.Tacke@gmx.net>
- Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:17:54 +0200
- Message-id: <20040810171753.GA3897@debian>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 12:43:38PM +1200, John Williams wrote:
> Now, whenever I try to use a net tool (apt-get, ping) I simply get the
> response "Killed" at the bash prompt. (Note the capital "k".)
> The pfinet process is alive and well, and showtrans shows all the
> expected information. Other tools (e.g. contents of fileutils,
> coreutils) work fine. Everything works fine except net connectivity.
I think this has something to do with the libnss-db package. When I update
it after installing GNU/Hurd, I get the same error. But when I force
apt-get to hold in it state before updating, network works fine.
Try to install the old package from CD.