Re: gcc-3.4: Strange Build-Depends "gnu" instead of "hurd-i386"

Hi Michael!

I'm adding CC to debian-hurd and glibc-bsd-devel. Btw, next time please use
X-Debbugs-CC instead of CC.

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 05:45:50AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> [...]
> [!gnu !kfreebsd-gnu !knetbsd-gnu !netbsd-elf-gnu], libart-2.0-dev [!gnu
> !kfreebsd-gnu !knetbsd-gnu !netbsd-elf-gnu], g++-3.3, g77-3.3, gobjc-3.3

These were supposed to be used as '| gnu' so that the type-handling virtual
packages disabled the dependency. However, it seems that operation method
caused trouble because of buggy buildds, utils, etc. So I think Matthias
reverted it.

As of 0.2.1, I added a new operation method in type-handling to avoid this
problem. Look at bug #262350 for an example. I intend to commit a proper fix
using this once my 'gcccvs' GID is synced into alioth.

> which seem to be auto-generated except for locales.

It is, and also for locales.

> Also, I guess this missing parenthesis in -2 made the Build-Depends not
> getting evaluated at all, right? Cause gcc-3.4 happily started to build
> last time, although those spurious architecture specification were
> already there.

I think this is just a dpkg bug. Sometimes it gets confused and ignores the
Build-Dependencies completely.

--
Robert Millan

(Debra and Ian) (Gnu's Not (UNiplexed Information and Computing System))/\
(kernel of *(Berkeley Software Distribution))