Re: Need help to Install Debian GNU/hurd

Michael Banck wrote:
Please reply on-list next time if you want to get an answer.

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:55:23AM +0900, Andre Caldas wrote:

	2. Adding another partition will not help.

AIUI, the metadata gets mapped into the virtual adress space. Thus,
you can have more than one partition.

What I ment is that if you want 3GB, you cannot use 2 x 1.5GB
(ext2fs).  At least you cannot have translators for both working at
the same time.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You can use more than one
ext2fs translator and 'mount' them at different places in the
file-system. For example, one at / and another at /home. There is only a
2GB limit per translator, not per system.

Sorry! I guess I was wrong (again). I was confused because I thought that "if translator TA has something mapped to address A1 and translator TB had something at address B1 then A1 and B1 would not be allowed to overlap". Of course this is completely wrong because each translator has it's own "virtual address table", so addresses A1 and B1 can be "numericaly the same" because they are restricted to their respective context.

Thanks for making things clearer to me :-)