Re: New X packages uploaded to ftp.gnuab.org

I still have annoyances with my PS/2 mouse.
Let me first say that it works perfectly under Debian-Linux or FreeBSD
on the very same machine on which I installed the hurd.
After a fresh install from the K5 cd, I run apt-get dist-upgrade
(see my /etc/apt/sources.list below).
It replaces e.g. xserver-xfree86 with
xserver-xfree86_4.3.0.dfsg.1_4+hurd.2_hurd-i386.deb so I guess
I now use the new X packages uploaded to ftp.gnuab.org by you Michael.

Then I proceed to the the three following steps:
1) settrans -cap /dev/mouse /hurd/mouse --protocol=ps/2
2) I edit my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 ; here is the mouse section:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "Protocol"              "osmouse"
EndSection
3) console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=/dev/kbd -d generic_speaker /dev/vcs

After that startx works but the mouse does not.
Near the end of the Xfree log I have:
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/mouse
        Device or resource busy.
(WW) Configured Mouse: cannot open input device

Can someone please help?

Cheers,
Thierry.

PS : my /etc/apt/sources.list contains