/hurd/kbd missing or deprecated?

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can help me out. If recently installed
GNU/Hurd on to my machine and have been trying to get XFree86 installed.
And today I found an mirror of old packages from alpha.gnu.org at
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/gnu/alpha/gnu/hurd/debian/ and have managed to
get XFree86 to install.

Now here comes the problem. Most (if not all) of the help I can find
about running XFree86 tell me to run the commands

settrans -cg /dev/kbd
chown root /dev/kbd
chmod 444 /dev/kbd
settrans /dev/kbd /hurd/kbd /dev/kbd

to start the translator for the keyboard. The only thing is I don't have
/hurd/kbd on my machine (hurd 20040508-2) and was wondering if the
method of setting up the keyboard had changed or if /hurd/kbd was
missing because I need to install another package or if it's a bug in
the hurd package?

--
OoberMick
CBG:	Question: Is your name Ridley Scott or James Cameron?

Homer:	No, it's Homer.

CBG:	Well then, I would thank you to stop peering at my screenplay,
	Homer.  And if I see a movie where computers threaten our personal
	liberties, will know that you stole my idea.

Homer:	I'm just waiting for my kid.

Homer's Brain:
	Mental note: steal his idea.

		Lisa The Iconoclast (Episode 3F13)