Re: crosshurd

I installed the latest (unstable) version of crosshurd and was able to
boot and run native-install twice, but my ethernet adapter (RTL8139) was
not recognized.  Do I have to recompile Mach from source with the driver
active?

Sorry to be so uninformed, but do drivers have to be compiled into the
Mach microkernel binary file?  If so, how is this different from the Linux
kernel?

i.e., from the gnu.org page on Hurd:

"It is possible to develop and test new Hurd kernel components without
rebooting the machine (not even accidentally).  Running your own kernel
components doesn't interfere with other users, and so no special system
privileges are required."

Regards,

Dan Woodard