Re: sysvinit and hurd

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 04:35:52PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    GNU/Hurd absolutely needs sysvinit, it is really important to us.
>
> Bollocks, it isn't important to GNU/Hurd nor does it _need_ it, since
> it doesn't follow the philosophy of GNU.  It might be important to
> Debian GNU/Hurd, but if you meant that then say so.

Yes, he meant that. You should know this list is about the Debian GNU/Hurd
port, not GNU in general.

Also, I don't see why Debian's sysvinit is against the GNU philosophy.

And please, check the CCs. Miquel doesn't need to be CCed twice..

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)