Re: piping problems

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
   Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:40:04 +0200
   From: Julien Wolf <juwo@interims.de>
   CC: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org

   Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
   >    my hurd *seems* to boot up properly; I get the prompt.  But then,
   >    running ./native-install fails with hundreds of warnings like this
   >    "cannot create pipe".
> > Sounds like pflocal wasn't setup. Was this the first time you ran
   > native-install?  Is pflocal running (check with ps)? Is there a pssive
   > translator on /servers/local/1?

   pflocal is actually not running

Then you found your problem. pflocal is needed for pipes.  And please
answer the remaining questions.

To check if there is a passive translator on /servers/local/1 use the
following:

showtrans /servers/local/1

So, well I answer your questions now:

it is the 1st time ./native-install is run
 /servers/local/1 doesn't even exist
--
| Julien Wolf         | juwo_at_interims_de | juwo_at_users_sf_net |