Re: new dpkg packages up for testing

Michael Banck wrote:
Those seem to be straight-forward, right?

Yes :-) But I expected that just recompilation will do the work and all next changes were somewhat as surprise for me, although trivial ;-)

And the last problem is that (4) HURD_IHASH_ITERATE uses C99 style
definition of variables inside for statement and dpkg doesn't enable
this style by default.

Does this mean we'd have to get dpkg to change it's build-behaviour? Or
is there another solution?

I've just added -std=gnu99 to CFLAGS in utils/Makefile.in. HURD_IHASH_ITERATE is the only legal way to iterate through all elements in ihash and it needs C99 syntax. So one way or another, start-stop-daemon should be compiled with C99 syntax enabled. I think that there is no harm in enabling C99 for utils/*, or even the whole dpkg.

After all these things are made, I experience no problem with patched 1.10.21.

Could you update the patch in #133640 then? Or send a new one ot that
bug-report?

I'll post updated patch these days.

Regards,
ogi