Re: Installing the Hurd on a 386 with 16 MB of RAM

Johannes Laudenberg <neohandy@gmx.de> writes:

> Do you think these 16 MB are able to run the Hurd? Or should I stop
> wasting my time by installing a small BSD'ish OS? :)

When I tried GNU/Hurd on my old laptop with 16MB RAM it did not work.
Of course you can try it, you will notice the problems during the
installation if it does not work.  It that case you will get pager
error (IIRC).

And such old 386 is really slow, I don't expect it will be really
usable.

--
Marco