Cannot install Hurd

Hello,

I have been trying to install Hurd for some days now.

I can not believe it: A single server is down and nobody can get the latest Hurd...

I turned to crosshurd. The packages in the debian archive have been
reorganized but crosshurd is not aware of that.
E: Couldn't find package inetutils

The debian archive itself is broken.
debianutils: PreDepends: coreutils (>= 4.5.8-1) but 4.5.3-1 is to be
installed.

I installed a running Hurd system from J2 CD. My first apt-get upgrade screwed it up.

I am new to hurd. I wanted a running system to test it, to learn it.
I am not interested in CDs. You do not run Debian systems with CDs but with aptable archives.

What's the deal?