Re: Hurd Advocacy?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:55:40PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> How about NUMA? AFAIK it matter a lot for NUMA systems which page a
> task gets. And will we support NUMA? (I'm sorry if this is a bit off-topic).

Even in NUMA you have classes of homogenous memory, and within a single
class all pages are the same.  How to handle several classes of such memory
is an interesting problem, and would certainly have to be handled by
privileged system code to prevent DoS attacks or unfair treatment.  But it
is orthogonal to the problems of how to manage sharing the memory resources
within a uniform memory.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/