Re: Hurd Advocacy?

Marco Gerards wrote:
I agree we need more developers. I think the project looks a bit dead
to the outside world. Perhaps a release can help us, and releasing
more frequently. Also news sites like kerneltraffic and kerneltrap and
even slashdot can help.

My personal opinion about release goals of 0.3 is that they must focus on stability. Not ext2fs, PPP, consoles or other new stuff. For example, alpha 3 patch of ext2fs has reached a state where I can hardly distinguish if computer hanging is caused by ext2fs or something else. Using unstable system is very uncomfortable.

And about ext2fs: I believe that by the end of the year we'll have a very stable filesystem as part of the Hurd.

Regards
--
Ognyan Kulev <ogi@{fmi.uni-sofia.bg,fsa-bg.org}>
7D9F 66E6 68B7 A62B 0FCF  EB04 80BF 3A8C A252 9782