Re: Hurd Advocacy?

Shawn Boyette <mdxi@collapsar.net> writes:

> I'm a good enough programmer to know that I'm nowhere near good enough
> to be a kernel developer; my point being that I know how involved and
> complex OS design is. It's just that for the months I've been quietly
> reading this list, it seems that nothing ever moves forward except via
> the announcement of yet another transition to yet another platform
> which will Totally Fix Everything, No Really This Time.

Perhaps the bug-hurd@gnu.org and hurd-devel-readers@gnu.org are
interesting lists for you. debian-hurd is not really the list where
things about the Hurd itself are discussed. And I think many things
are not discussed but just done. :). (Like new packages, etc.)

> I also retract my statement about the 2G limit being
> second-most-annoying. The fact that the HURD must be bootstrapped from
> Linux (on install) is #2. Then the 2G limit. Then everything else.

AFAIK that is a debian issue. Am I right about that or is there
another reason?

Thanks,
Marco