Re: Debian GNU/Hurd crossinstaller: "crosshurd"

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 03:55:12PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:

> > Hello from Debcamp in Oslo!

> dito,

Amazing how far these electrons have to travel when you're sitting
across the table from me.

> Another problem right now is the translator vs. tarring up /dev stuff.
> What are you going to do about this? With Marco's patch floating
> around, wouldn't it make sense to talk to the Debian tar maintainer
> (Bdale) while he's around? Or are we going to take a different road?

Different path.  It turns out that the only reason they don't use
MAKEDEV is because it was slow.  We don't have that issue so will just
use MAKEDEV.  I lost track of the thread for Marco's tar patch.  I don't
remember if we ever decided it was an attribute or a file type.

I'm behind on my tar stuff because I don't have my info with me here.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
Breathe into my hands, I'll cup them like a glass to drink from...
 - Tattle Tale