Re: Debian GNU/Hurd crossinstaller: "crosshurd"

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 04:22:57AM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Hello from Debcamp in Oslo!

dito,

> I've had a lovely opportunity to talk with the debootstrap maintainer
> about our needs, and we have devised some ways to cooperate.

> My plan all along has been that crosshurd and debootstrap should be
> integrated.  However, we had a series of needs that weren't supported by
> debootstrap.  It seems that this week we've managed to setup a plan for
> how to solve almost all of these problems.

[...]

Another problem right now is the translator vs. tarring up /dev stuff.
What are you going to do about this? With Marco's patch floating around,
wouldn't it make sense to talk to the Debian tar maintainer (Bdale)
while he's around? Or are we going to take a different road?

just a thought,

Michael