Re: please test libtool 1.5a

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 08:18:12PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 06:12:53PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> > I don't have a GNU/Hurd system at hand, is anyone tracking libtool CVS to
> > ensure it works? If not it'd be nice that someone checked it. Simply by
> > grabbing a snapshot from cvs "branch-1-5" (cvs co -r branch-1-5 libtool)
> > and running "make check" on it.
>
> Did somebody (Alfred?) get around doing this? Seems libtool-1.5.1 is not
> yet released. I could perhaps do it this week, but I had to dust up my
> Hurd box and in general, I don't really have time for this right now.

We have a bit more time (roughly, a month or even two). It seems that it won't
be 1.5.1 but rather 1.6, and it won't happen that soon, since they're waiting
for the automake 1.8 release. See:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2003-09/msg00029.html

I'll try to convince them to release 1.5.1 though, I need it myself.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)