Re: Debian GNU/Hurd K4 ISOs via Bittorrent

On Sunday 24 August 2003 04:36 pm, Daniel E Baumann wrote:
> Hello all, I made a bittorrent of the K4 ISOs which I downloaded before
> they were removed from ftp.gnu.org. You can find the torrent file here:
> http://www.libertyetech.com/hurd.torrent. I need more people to download
> this thing so as to pool the bandwidth as my upload is capped at 384KBps.
> Also, once you have the images leave bittorrent running so others can get
> them. I can leave this running for say...a couple weeks maybe longer if
> people actually start downloading them. The whole point here is to share
> the bandwidth so anyone with a fast connection that doesn't necessarily
> need the ISOs can also download them in order to help others get them by
> leaving bittorrent running afterward.

Replying to myself...It would be nice if everyone could switch to this torrent
instead:  http://www.libertyetech.com/hurd-k4-cds.torrent (Sorry, but I will
wait for people to move for a while). It should simply check the files and
resume the download from wherever you left off with the old one. Seems we
almost have one more seeder besides myself :).

Reason for this is I setup a new tracker:
http://www.libertyetech.com/tracker2/index.php. It is definitely better than
the default one and people can register, login, and upload new torrents.

Thanks,
Dan
--
And if cynics ridicule freedom, ridicule community...if ``hard nosed
realists'' say that profit is the only ideal...just ignore them, and use

Was I helpful?  Let others know:
  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=chillywilly