Re: ssh

Michael Banck wrote:
> Sam Halliday wrote:
> > i just installed GNU K3, and using the debian install instructions
> > (http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-cd) i got as far as step 7
> > when it exited on ssh, with something like "/usr/bin/dpkg exited
> > with status 1". if i run apt-get upgrade, it continually exits in
> > the same place. has anyone else had this?
> That's not the proper error message I'm afraid. Most probably, you're
> lacking a /dev/urandom - ssh needs it. There is currently no default
> entropy translator, you can either search for an experimental one at
> http://hurd.gnufans.org or just link any binary file to /dev/urandom,
> like ln -s /bin/bash /dev/urandom
making a /dev/urandom didnt work, but making a /dev/random did.

the error was (if anyone needs it now after the problem has been found)
was:

###########################
Setting up ssh (3.6.1p1-1) ...
stripping trailing /
stripping trailing /
stripping trailing /
PRNG is not seeded
dpkg: error processing ssh (--configure):
 ssh

Sam
--
Romeo wasn't bilked in a day.
-- Walt Kelly, "Ten Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Years With Pogo"