Re: ssh

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 04:14:30AM +0100, Sam Halliday wrote:
> i just installed GNU K3, and using the debian install instructions
> (http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-cd) i got as far as step 7 when
> it exited on ssh, with something like "/usr/bin/dpkg exited with status
> 1". if i run apt-get upgrade, it continually exits in the same place.
> has anyone else had this?

That's not the proper error message I'm afraid. Most probably, you're
lacking a /dev/urandom - ssh needs it. There is currently no default
entropy translator, you can either search for an experimental one at
http://hurd.gnufans.org or just link any binary file to /dev/urandom,
like ln -s /bin/bash /dev/urandom

Michael