Re: dpkg - Architecture errors

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 02:31:57PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:

> > Due to our infamous uptime, the buildd only runs when I'm sitting next
> > to it (so rougly 40 hours a week 10am-6pm Eastern time *g*) Unless
> > someone uploads it and tests it separately (Robert?), it won't get

> argh, why me? ;)

But, you me and azeem are the only ones building packages - I'm testing
some install scripts today, and azeem is away for the weekend. =)

> ok i start to build right now, and will test it by performing today's
> dist-upgrade with it.

Thanks!

> > picked up by the buildd until Monday.  There would be a slight delay in
> > getting into the archive because of the byhand bit.

> aren't buildd's capable of handling priority requests?

Yup - And it will be the first thing that it builds when I go in Monday
morning and hit the reset button.  But dpkg is slightly different than
the others in that it has a 'byhand' section - so the ftpmaster has to
do something manually to make it go in the archive.

I've never looked into the details beyond that.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
You said homosexuals form a small percentage of the population.  So
do Jews.  Is that a reason to deny someone equality?