Re: Debootstrap on GNU/Hurd Status

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 07:44:08AM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Do you remember which list this took place on?  I'm sure all the
> questions I have were answered in that discussion.

This is kind, but we have been much more lazy than you imagine :)
My explanation was already longer than any discussion on this topic, and
everybody who actually looked at tar's sources was disgusted enough to not
actually pursue this ;)

> I asked the Debian *BSD folks last week if they were planning on using
> sysvinit, and I was told they had almost no problems getting the changes
> they needed integrated upstream.  Perhaps there's been a change.

Fine.  The only experience I had was my patch to Miquel van Smoorenburg, who
is a nice guy but possibly was discouraged by the large changes I had to
apply to the init scripts.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/