Re: XFree 4.2.1-5 alpha quality debs

Hi Joachim!

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 11:59:48PM +0100, Joachim Nilsson wrote:

> There are still some things I need to fix before I can
> put an end to this effort (in the following order):
>
>    * Move my "patches" to 4.2.1-6

Xfree86 4.3 will be the official version in debian in a while (and is
still not fixed). good that we have 4.2 now but IMHO we should
concentrate at fixing the bugs 4.3 has (there are two critical bugs
at the moment in glxinfo and xf86Events.c). please see:
 http://people.debian.org/~rmh/xfree86/00README

>    * Try with Neals' pthreads

i have some notes about that in 00README (hope they're useful):

  build xfree86 with pthreads
    enable them in gnu.cf
    wrong extern inlines in hurd's libpthread (see bug #184344)
    missing -lpthread in lots of makefiles (wrong params in gnu.cf?)

(Neal, please consider applying the patch to fix extern inlines in bug #184344)

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide