Re: K2 images

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> writes:

> lsh is equally correct as OpenSSH.  Both are Free Software.  If you
> want to go down this dark, and dangrous road you might just as well
> say that running only FSF copyrighted software is the correct thing on
> GNU/Hurd, and all software that is not copyrighted by the FSF is bad.

I agree with most if this. However, I think it is reasonable to have a
bias against free software licenses that aren't "GPL compatible". I.e.
they make restrictions, perhaps similar in spirit to the copyleft
requirements of the GPL itself, perhaps different restrictions, and do
that in such a way that derivative works can't be distributed under
the GPL, and therefore not used in GPL:ed programs.

As far as I know, openssh itself is no problem from this point of
and I can't really ask for more than that.

But the openssl license (or to be precise, the license for the parts
of openssl that are copyright Eric Young) is more fishy.

/Niels