Re: old GNU tarball

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 07:29:09AM +0530, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:

> By the way if you create the file system with
>
>    mke2fs -o hurd -O none
>
> then the existing ext2 tools on the tarball *will* work.

I know, but that's a workaround most new users won't.

and i prefer to do "cp /bin/true /sbin/e2fsck" when first boot fails,
but this is another woraround new users have no reason to know.

--
Robert Millan

"Omnis enim res, quad dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."

"For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is
not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared."

		Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)