Re: Recompilation of Debian Packages

* Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> [030103 10:12]:
> On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 12:02:29PM -0600, Georg Lehner wrote:
> > I want to recompile packages from source, but I cannot install dpkg-dev,
> > etc. because of a perl5/perl-modules dependency that cannot
> > befulfilled.  dselect wants me to de-install a lot of essential stuff.
> >
> > Can you point me to a solucion?
>
> We're stuck in a bit of a problem right now - perl won't build because
> of some pthreads bugs.  I've emailed Neal, but I think that most people
> are enjoying their winter break.

Jorge-León,

Great idea!  I think this would be a very useful system as well.  In
fact I've already started working on an automated status system [1]
similar to what you mention.  But since Jeff and the build machine are
held up with this pthreads dependency the status project is on hold as
well.  I already have created a Procmail recipe [2] to parse the emails
that buildd generates and had this running when the buildd machine was
running.  Unfortunately the buildd machine stopped functioning before I
got around to doing anything with the output.

I welcome your (and Jeff's!) ideas and assistance on getting this going.
Joachim (my wiki partner and machine admin) is helping as well.  There
are several ways this may be implemented that will require some further
tinkering.

Cheers,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>