Recompilation of Debian Packages

Hello!

I want to recompile packages from source, but I cannot install dpkg-dev,
etc. because of a perl5/perl-modules dependency that cannot
befulfilled.  dselect wants me to de-install a lot of essential stuff.

Can you point me to a solucion?

here is my sources.list:
--------------------
# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.

deb ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian unstable main
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main

deb-src http://debian.uni.edu.ni/pape/Debian woody unofficial
-------------------

How about a Wiki-page, with a status matrix:

package  |    status         |  comments

where

status ..  working
           works with bugs
           does not compile
           will never be compiled
           desired

People could insert lines by themselfes and but an URL to the package in
the comment field.

Best Regards,

	Jorge-León