Re: yet more newbie questions

--- "B. Douglas Hilton" <doug.hilton@engineer.com> wrote:
> Unless you have a laptop or something, I would suggest picking
> up a cheap ethercard on Ebay or something. 3c509's are easily
> gotten for chump change. An EtherExpress would be
> the Cadillac.

Motherboard has no ISA slots.  So called "Legacy free" but what a joke that is.
 It is the wave of the future though.  Just when I was getting impressed about
how many ethernet drivers *BSD and Linux now support I run into this wall.

> If you are lucky, you could copy some linux driver files into
> the oskit tree and hack this file: oskit/dev/linux_ethernet.h
> to add it to the list, it looks like you have to write a probe
> function somehow.

Linux driver is sis900.c & .h  Both GNU Mach and OSKit use Linux drivers.  I
take it you are saying to use OSKit as the starting place for a driver port?
Is there a preferred URL for OSKit sources?  Also any pointers to docs on what
needs to be changed in the Linux driver would be appreciated.

> Here's a list of OSKit's currently (maybe untested) ethernet cards: