Re: K1 images - final report?

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 12:46:38AM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> A file-system corrupting bug has emerged.  The work-round I have employed
> is to kill the cdrom translator at the end of each installation script.  I
> suspect that it has something to do with update, find or whatever thinking
> that the mounted cdrom is part of the file system it is expected to check
> after packages have been installed.  It is nasty.

I don't know whether this is related, but lately I've been getting
file-system errors (which forced me to do fsck) after updates with
   apt-get update
Sometime the console was put in root prompt# with fsck instruction,
and other time it just locked the machine.
(I updated our GNU/Hurd machine remotely over ssh.
It is annoying to go to the machine room and do fsck.)

Has anybody experienced a similar case?

-- budi
--
http://budi.insan.co.id