Re: hurd patch

On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 19:18, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > 2) This patch is probably wrong in the sense that there's no good reason
> > for us to call autoconf.

> Well, we don't keep the generated files in CVS.  So what I could do is run
> autoconf manually when doing the package, but that is just one more manual
> step I need to explain or document to future packages and that can go wrong.

Roland mentioned in another message that he seemed to consider this a
bug too.  Since Thomas mentioned he no longer objected to keeping
generated files in CVS, I would imagine that Roland will probably commit
the configure next time he touches configure.in.

> Definitely ;)  If we do another upload before that, we can fix that
> build depends bug.  Otherwise we will get it fixed by applying your
> patch.

If the automake patches are accepted, we also get a 'make dist' target -
We should probably base the packages on that so that the package doesn't
need to generate those files.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--