Re: Debian Installer

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 01:23:39AM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Jeff Bailey wrote:
>
> > In the meantime we can help shape Debian to be the best it can be, and
> > also ongoing can provide Debian GNU/Hurd as an entry point for people
> > considering exploring the Hurd.  I beleive that there's a big
> > advantage to Debian acting very similar between all arch's: It means
> > that a Debian-familiar person can sit down to a Debian GNU/Hurd and
> > get [his|her] environment to a usable and comfortable place before
> > exploring what our specialness is.
> >
> > Then we ensnare them and addict them...  MWahahah!!!
> >
> > *grin*
>
> The Hurd has already ensnared me, and maybe Debian as a whole might get
> addicted.
>
> Softly, softly catchee monkey.

	Personally, I've always seen Debian GNU/Linux to be Debian
GNU/Hurd Light.  And Debian GNU/Hurd is basically just GNU with a lot
more niceties tacked on top.

	Since we're part of the Debian project, and Debian *IS* the
Universal Operating System, I see no reason not to get Debian to where
we want to be.  Debian doesn't seem to object, what with the excellent
work on getting the BSD kernels integrated.

Simon