Re: Debian Installer

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 10:19:42PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:

> > 	Remember, although GNU isn't Unix, and GNU certainly isn't
> > GNU/Linux; it definitely looks like both.

> I see GNU/Hurd as an advance on unix and using it as a basis.

The think the problem is that we're neither trying to create Unix nor
GNU here - We're creating the Debian OS.  I suspect the really sexy
stuff will come when we create an actually GNU OS.

In the meantime we can help shape Debian to be the best it can be, and
also ongoing can provide Debian GNU/Hurd as an entry point for people
considering exploring the Hurd.  I beleive that there's a big
advantage to Debian acting very similar between all arch's: It means
that a Debian-familiar person can sit down to a Debian GNU/Hurd and
get [his|her] environment to a usable and comfortable place before
exploring what our specialness is.

Then we ensnare them and addict them...  MWahahah!!!

*grin*

--
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)