Re: Targetting an embedded ARM chip?

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 04:04:07AM -0400, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:

> Here is a guide by Jeff Bailey for building an X86->Hurd cross
> compiler.  The steps for arm will be similar except your target will
> be something like "arm4vl-unknown-linux-gnu" and you won't need MIG,
> gnumach, or Hurd.

> http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/thug/cross.html

Wow, haven't seen that in a while! =)

I was just looking for the GCC wiki, but it seems to be down.  I wrote
some slightly clearer instructions for building am i386-pc-linux-gnu
to sun-sparc-solaris2.6 a while ago.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)