Re: J1 fails to boot where H1 was working

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 03:15:06AM +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Now, after executing twice native-install I have a system that cannot
> mount the root partition since it keep trying to find /dev/hd0s9 that is
> probably unexistant.

Please don't interpret what you see, just report the failure :)
The root partition is not mounted.  That is a concept you learned from
Linux, but in the Hurd this failure can not happen.  So, there is something
else that goes wrong but we don't know what it is until we know more.

> I will restart the installation in order to verify it.

native-install had a bug where it would not set up fstab.  If you use the
latest native-install on ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus, it
should work better.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/