Re: J1 CDs (again)

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:30:44AM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:

> I think the problem is with mandb.  The machine locks up when "man foo" is
> attempted, "apropos thing",

have you tried with gdb?

btw i think Colin Watson was working on this (or a similar) bug a
while ago. maybe you want to contact him.

> and when mandb is run I get a message like
> "removing old database at /usr/man" (sic). A symlink from /usr/share/man
> to /usr/man does not help.

IIRC /man is deprecated in favor of /share/man as in the FHS

cheers,

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992