Re: base tarball mirrors, alpha.gnu.org down

Hi Glenn!

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 10:52:06AM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> Im keen to reinstall my Hurd partition, however alpha.gnu.org seems to
> have been down for the last day so i can download the base tarball.
> Is the base tarball mirrored anywere ?

There are the CDs too, you can get a base GNU tarball from there:

(using ftpfs and isofs you could save fetching the whole CD,
but this takes an installed GNU system already ;))

Don't use any set older than J0 or you'll get an non-upgradable system.

Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992