Re: porting util-linux

--- Guillem Jover <guillem.jover@menta.net> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm porting the util-linux package.
>
> The agetty program uses termio/termios conditionally, but doesn't
> compile on the Hurd, is wise a complete migration or should i try
> to make it compile conditionally ? (some other programs on this package
> use termios only).

 Well, it seems some programs have set a dependency on termios, so use termios
and rip out the old termio craft.

> I've used xgethostname from Neal H. Walfield, found it searching in the
> archives. It would be nice if someone with cvs access to www could add
> in <http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-devel-debian> a link to:
>
> <ftp://walfield.org/pub/people/neal/xgethostname/xgethostname-latest.tar.gz>
>
> as a suggested/prefered way or a mere example to deal with MAXHOSTNAMELEN.
> Also some reference to termio -> termios ?

 I posted my patches, some contained termio -> termios fixes:
http://hurd.dyndns.org

> I've read also that IPC is not implemented in the Hurd (only stubs),
> is this going to change soon ? and when linking icps/ipcrm it warnings with:
>
> ipcrm.o(.text+0xac): warning: msgctl is not implemented and will always fail
> ipcrm.o(.text+0xd0): warning: semctl is not implemented and will always fail
> ipcrm.o(.text+0xbf): warning: shmctl is not implemented and will always fail
>
> is this shown because they are only stubs, and thus not harmfull i supose.
> (please correct if i'm wrong)
>
> Right now i'm a little busy, but expect a patch in a few days. With
> dpkg 1.10, and the next gnumach-dev, we will be able to get rid of
> /info, /man, /doc :P
>
> kind regards
> guillem

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU