porting util-linux

Hi list,

I'm porting the util-linux package.

The agetty program uses termio/termios conditionally, but doesn't
compile on the Hurd, is wise a complete migration or should i try
to make it compile conditionally ? (some other programs on this package
use termios only).

I've used xgethostname from Neal H. Walfield, found it searching in the
archives. It would be nice if someone with cvs access to www could add
in <http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-devel-debian> a link to:

<ftp://walfield.org/pub/people/neal/xgethostname/xgethostname-latest.tar.gz>

as a suggested/prefered way or a mere example to deal with MAXHOSTNAMELEN.
Also some reference to termio -> termios ?

I've read also that IPC is not implemented in the Hurd (only stubs),
is this going to change soon ? and when linking icps/ipcrm it warnings with:

ipcrm.o(.text+0xac): warning: msgctl is not implemented and will always fail
ipcrm.o(.text+0xd0): warning: semctl is not implemented and will always fail
ipcrm.o(.text+0xbf): warning: shmctl is not implemented and will always fail

is this shown because they are only stubs, and thus not harmfull i supose.
(please correct if i'm wrong)

Right now i'm a little busy, but expect a patch in a few days. With
dpkg 1.10, and the next gnumach-dev, we will be able to get rid of
/info, /man, /doc :P

kind regards
guillem