Re: strange result when typing wrong password

--- Niklas Söderlund <niklas.soderlund@chello.se> wrote:
> Hi,
> I don't know, but it seems like the login-program tries
> to login even if the entered password was incorrect, if I
> enter a directory outside /etc/login.
> <cut cut>
> Use `login USER' to login, or `help' for more information.
> login> cd /
> login> login root
> Password:
> login: Invalid password
> login prompt (bash): .bashrc: No such file or directory
> login prompt (bash): .profile: No such file or directory
> I have no name!@clay:/$

 It seems like you press enter a couple of extra times.  I don't actually know
what happened, but you logged in as nouser, thus why .bashrc and .procfile
couldn't be found.

James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU

Do You Yahoo!?