First try on Hurd-H4-CD1 jigdo files

Hi there!

Beeing bored yesterday I tried to create a jigdo file set for the first of the four Debian GNU/Hurd H4 snapshot CDs.
That's what I did and the problems I had:

I downloaded jigdo 0.6.6 from http://home.in.tum.de/~atterer/jigdo/jigdo-bin-0.6.6.tar.bz2, unpacked. I fetched the first CD from ftp://sunsite.uio.no/linux/ISO-images/debian-unofficial/hurd/hurd-H4-CD1.iso
The image was mounted loopback to hurd-image in the jigdo dir.
Than I built the jigdo files with
./jigdo-file mt hurd-data/ --image=hurd-H4-CD1.iso --label Debian= --uri Debian=ftp://ftp.tugraz.at/debian/ I'm not clear about the label Debian. I saw it in the Debian jigdo files, so I set it. Nevertheless it was recognised by jigdo-lite. I had to correct the Template entry in the Image section to match the actual location. Is there a way to get this right from command line? The .jigdo file can be found at http://www.htu.tugraz.at/~past/hurd/hurd-H4 -CD1.jigdo

Unfortunately the files worked only partly:
381 packages could not be found on the mirrors. They seem to me some special packages not official distributed by Debian. I don't know if this files are not existant any more or if I could get them from some other special server like alpha.gnu.org. I tried alpha, but the directory structure did not match and I had no time to investigate this yet. Has anyone an idea how to get around this problem? Phil, where do you get your packages from?

Until now, the jigdo files are quite useless, as this 381 files are missing. I think it would be a great benefit to get this distribution system working. E.g. for me downloading from my university is of course much faster and produces not muich external traffic, so I make the network admins less unhappy :-)

Any help would be appreciated!

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <pstrasser at bigfoot dot de>