Re: <joke/>Debian secure by default (was Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd)

On Ter, 2002-05-21 at 20:10, Wolfgang Jährling wrote:
> Manuel A. Fernández Montecelo <manuel@sindominio.net> wrote:
> > On Ter, 2002-05-21 at 18:51, Niels Möller wrote:
> > > I hope there will be a sensible list of release criteria, prepared
> > > with input from both the release manager the hurd folks, when Debian
> > > GNU/Hurd gets closer to release, and putting FW-tools on that list
> > > sounds pretty nonsensical. But I'm happy to postpone that discussion
> > > until the list is being prepared and release getting closer.
> >
> > i agree. well, i really *don't know* if FW-tools are "nonsensical".
>
> Please note that he didn't say that. He was talking about putting them
> on the list.

ops O:)

anyway, i think that my previous msg was clear: both (Debian) Hurd folks
and the RM (someone familiar with the Hurd) have to decide about release
criteria (with FW-tools or not in the list X). the same for *BSD, Linux
and so.

to release all of them at the same time it requires an extra effort,
more than just another architecture, doesn't it? i feel that the overall
effort would be too high.

(i assume that it was planned for this release to have into account also
Hurd, and so AJ talks about FW-tools, installers, etc)

> Cheers,
> GNU/Wolfgang

aburinho!!

Manuel A. Fernández Montecelo <manuel@sindominio.net>