Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 05:17:16PM +0200, SpyderMan wrote:

> >So, here am I, seriously considering firewalling tools less than
> >essential.

> Great, another compelling reason to ditch firewalling support.

Not at all, but someone who thinks that firewalling provides any
reasonable measure of security hasn't been paying attention -
corporate firewalls are breached on a regular basis.  If your network
isn't inherently secure, slapping a firewall on the end isn't going to
make it secure.

Firewalling serves the purpose only of covering holes that shouldn't
be there in the first place.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.